Types of Shipping Containers & Common Uses
Shipping containers might seem boring or simple, but there is a whole world of variety when it comes to the designs available. Who knows where our world would be if we didn’t have shipping containers. It is one of the most integral parts of our society’s backbone, and serves as an essential in the economy of trade and transport. Humans use millions of storage containers to ship across oceans every year, and millions of miles are logged transporting storage containers on roads and trains.
Storage container in Salinas, California, a farming and ranching area, are put to multiple uses. Farmers around Salinas ship produce internationally. The Interstate Hwy 5 runs along the entire state where goods are transported in shipping containers to businesses and residents every day. The durable steel containers live long lives transporting goods anywhere in the world. Made to be reusable and hold up through any environment, the shipping containers are made well with high quality materials. Shipping containers are made with Cor-ten steel, a corrosion resistant steel made to last through marine weathering. The variety of containers is pretty impressive. Several types of containers have been fashioned to serve their functions perfectly. Here are a few types:
- An open top container, which has a convertible top that can be removed to make an open top so that cargo of any height can be shipped without problems.
- Open side storage containers have sides that open to provide enough space for extra wide items.
- Tunnel containers have doors at both ends of the shipping container which open up to form it into a tunnel.
- Double door containers provide a wide area for loading and unloading cargo from containers.
- Dry storage containers are the most widely used storage container
- Flat rack containers have foldable sides to create a flatbed area
- Half height containers make it easier to load and unload goods like coal.
- Car carrying containers have collapsible sides
International trade depends on having a large variety of shipping containers to choose from for importing and exporting goods. Locally, it is easy to find the high quality, reusable steel storage containers. Container Stop of Paso Robles provides storage containers to Salinas as well as the rest of California. At Container Stop, shipping containers are carried in a wide array of sizes ranging from 10-40 feet in length. Container Stop provides customers with perfectly customized shipping containers and also delivers it where it is needed.