Adding Light to Your Custom Shipping Container
Finally, the decision is made and the order for that long dreamed about backyard studio or shop is about to be placed. The visions about settling in front of an easel, sipping morning coffee while gazing at the garden through the new office door, or firing up the power tools for woodworking projects are about to come true. All that is needed is to place the order with Container Stop for that storage container Monterey home and business owners have been talking about. The ever-growing versatility of storage containers Monterey and nearby areas has been turning to for extra space is unlimited thanks to Container Stop. The experienced staff at Container Stop not only delivers the customized container, they do the modifications needed for the perfectly repurposed storage container Monterey living has inspired.
Before completing the online quote request for Container Stop, take some time to think about answers to these two questions:
- What do you need for your custom container?
- Can your provide any other information to help us with your inquiry?
Answers to these questions are the guidelines the Container Stop crew finds helpful for making the needed modifications. Studios, offices and workshops all have unique lighting needs. Safety and productivity are at the top of the list that can bring the most enjoyment and satisfaction from the new space. Having windows and light fixtures installed where you need them it is going to:
- Reduce or eliminate dependency on extension cords. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSO) there are about 4,000 injuries every year that are associated with extension cords. About half of the injuries are fractures, sprains and bumps and bruises that are treated in hospital emergency rooms.
- Increase visibility by being able to direct light to where it is needed when it is needed.
- Help make sure that power tools are used safely.
- Prevent tripping and stumbling when walking to or from the house after dark.
- Reduce the possibility of eye strain.
Windows are an excellent source of natural light. Placement of windows, perhaps including skylights or glass sliding doors, overhead lighting, lamps and outdoor lighting is going to increase satisfaction with the new workspace. Think about the following:
- Where are you going to do the most work and what is the best primary light for that work? If you are painting or sketching, at least one skylight along with large windows might be order as well as artificial lighting that can be directed on the work.
- Remember that plenty of light is essential when running power tools.
- Computer work, writing and reading are all improved and eye strain reduced by the right kind of non-glaring lighting in the right places.
- Are you planning on a storage closet, storage under a workbench or bookcases? Lighting in those areas might be beneficial. It’s much easier to find what you are looking for when a light is shining directly in the space.
- Is overhead lighting going to work best in some areas of the workspace and desk or hanging lamps better in another?
- Where will window placement be of the most benefit?
- Remember to also include where electric outlets will need to be placed so there is someplace to plug in lamps and tools, and switch the lights on and off.